When I said in my last post, which was a few months ago now, I was going to blog more I wasn't lying and I really do want to, I just haven't had much time. Actually, I've been trying to make my little house a home and been busy helping kids with their homework and various other activities that make me tired when I finally get to sit down and spend time with myself...
So I intended for this post to explain that I really want to discuss the concept of home some more, but not right now and I was just going to leave you with this funny post from Stuff White People Like that Whitney sent me the other day: Pick-your-own-fruit. It cracked me up, especially because I love picking my own fruit and I loved how they said, "In other words, berry picking is the agricultural equivalent to a private liberal arts college. It’s no surprise white people like it, because much like a liberal arts degree it feels like you’ve done real work when you really haven’t." Apple picking is one of my favorite fall activities and even though I'm in denial that it is, in fact, fall I'm really pumped about getting up to North Carolina in the very near future to pick some of nature's delicious bounty.
There isn't a post making fun of white people for liking to can the fruit they pick, at least not that I know of. Therefore, it's okay for me to link any interested readers to "boozy fruit." I've been wanting to make my own spirits [I dont' even know if this is the proper terminology, forgive me. (You would really think that someone who works at a substance abuse treatment facility might know a bit more about subtances...)] so this method of preserving fruit particularly piqued my interest. On another note, I want to eat what Julia ate. All of it. It's true. But canning may be my second favorite fall activity, even though I've only been going at it for 2 or 3 years now. So there is also apple sauce, apple butter, pumpkin butter and who knows what else in my future as well. Who knows, maybe in your future too.
... I'm going to leave you with a few home related goodies. You're in for a treat if I do say so myself.
In response to my last post, Jim sent me this little slice of heaven. For some reason blogspot won't let me embed the video, but do yourself a favor and click the link. You won't regret it. I promise.
In my opinion this is perfection and I'm pretty much in love with this song. Thanks Jim and you're welcome to all of you who haven't been exposed to it previously.
Another love are the homes built by Tiny Texas Houses. When I'm 35 and still single and filling the role of aunt Kelly to all of my friends with progeny running about, I'll be living in one of these houses, eating fruit I picked and canned myself, and dancing around to the song you just enjoyed. And playing with my chickens and goats. Lots and lots of goats.
Apa Yang Dimaksud Dengan Sabar
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment