This week I had the pleasure of chaperoning my sister’s fifth grade field trip to Washington. It was really fun! We saw a protest against circumcision, visited the white house and memorials, saw the cherry blossoms at their peak, watched the changing of the guard, and saw two-week old lambs at Mt. Vernon. By far, though, the best part was Dance Skate Night at the skating rink in Laurel, Maryland. I swear it had to have been a deleted scene from Napoleon Dynamite. It was fabulous!
Picture a group of 70 year olds (and a 20 year old guy in gold velvet pants) skating around an 80s style skating rink (disco ball included) to the slowest music I’ve ever heard. The women were wearing shorter skirts than I’ve ever thought about and the men had on matching outfits. Then, combine ice-skating and social dancing and add roller skates. It was the most unexpected and wonderful thing I’ve seen in a long time! And the fact that they called themselves “the fossils” made it even better!
Apa Yang Dimaksud Dengan Sabar
1 year ago

1 comments:
Kelly, We are so thrilled for you. Please add your uncle carlos to your blog contacts. As you know, he loves you very much and would love to hear from you. As for having a job and responsibilites, there is plenty of time for that. For some reason, known only to god, you are not suppose to have that yet. So enjoy the journey. By-the-way, does the last "yes" in the series mean that you like this boy?????
Be smart and careful, but enjoy,
Hugs and kisses,
Aunt Jill
Post a Comment