so many people have asked me if I got lonely this week being in Athens during spring break. am i supposed to feel lonely? or feel bad about not feeling lonely? the answer is not once. I honestly love solitude. I really do. Maybe it is an only child thing. Or the fact that I never have free time to spend by myself and I really crave time that I don't have to share with other people. I haven't had much quiet time lately and know that there is none on the horizon, so I figured why not take the opportunity to soak up this alone time.
I must admit that I was opposed to the idea of going home because I knew I would become one with the couch and watch endless hours of TV and pet my sweet Prince. I thought I'd do work if I stayed in Athens, it isn't like I had much else to do. But of course, I did not do work. There are no feelings of guilt either.
Instead, I had some amazing nights of sleep, several delightful yoga sessions, great conversations, listened to some quality music, one really good meltdown concerning my future, recovered and decided it is okay to not have a clue, and cooked some really satisfying meals, ate with chop sticks, one good hike, a fantastic trip to Atlanta and my first experience with Trader Joe's, took a most relaxing bubble bath (sorry drought), visited Jubilee, drank lots of bubbly, didn't make my bed or wear make up, and tried a beer (still wasn't impressed, not even through a crazy straw). All in all, it was perfect.
Apa Yang Dimaksud Dengan Sabar
1 year ago

5 comments:
I like being by myself too! I would love to live by myself. I was super productive all by myself this weekend and I am really proud of me. And you, for having such a quick anti-funk turnaround time. Go you! I also enjoy your fun colors on random words. Such a nice touch. :)
honestly, my best spring break ever during undergrad was jr year when I didn't go anywhere, and my worst one was the year I had to go to columbia, charleston, back to rock hill and then to Tucson, AZ to cheer at the NCAA tourney. Probably this most rushed and stressed ive ever felt. I'm such a homebody.
I love the colors too! I think I might do that from now on. It makes everything much more fun!
Erin, I think I had a dream about you the other night, if not I just really miss you. come to athens!
Yaay lazy spring breaks. I'm sad that mine is coming to an end.
And I have no problem with "spoon" being used as a verb! But I do hate the word casserole.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, but Prince, the couch and I missed you terribly.
Post a Comment