CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.01.2014

Home is Wherever I'm with You

I'm pretty legalistic when it comes to goals I set for myself that have no consequences (except for I'll have five less dollars in my savings account).  Why am I so hard on myself in these situations?  


November and December were exercises in going easy on myself when I couldn't manage to do every single thing that I wanted to while in the process of moving.  Twice.  Yep, you read that right.

In late October after looking at close to 20 homes, we decided we weren't going to find the one we wanted in enough time to close on it before our deadline to get out of our house.  So we enlisted the help of many generous friends and moved in to a very tiny house (compared to our previous one) that a friend owned and was happy to let us pay her rent for awhile since it typically sits empty.  The day that we moved in, we went to look at a house right around the corner that we heard about through a friend.  

23's a charm; that's how the saying goes, right?  Well, for us it was.  



We moved in the weekend before Christmas and have been making this house a home.  We really do like it, even with its quirks and it's got a place for all of us, including the goats.  And this precious little thing we picked up in November.  



It's a good thing I don't have a smart phone because she has stolen my heart and I would be blowing up your newsfeed with pictures of little Annabelle.  She is so funny and is constantly bringing laughter and joy to our lives.  Along with messes to clean up.  

In other news... We had our ten year reunion the weekend of Thanksgiving and it was a blast. I'm glad the planning is behind me, but it was so worth it and so great to see so many folks again.


0 comments: