CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7.07.2009

Is it just me or is the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy the worst idea ever? It should just simply be called Don't be Gay because I'm pretty sure that if a heterosexual was asked or simply revealed their sexual orientation they wouldn't be kicked out of the army. It, along with so many other things happening in the world, blows my mind. Kicking someone out of the military for being gay is as arbitrary as kicking them out for having blue eyes.

I'm referencing this article on NPR about Dan Choi who was "released" from the army after announcing that he was gay. Simply ridiculous. Why don't we want/let anyone willing to serve in the army do so? Probably because people are worried that gay=terrorist or something and they will destroy the military system. Or are people worried that they will be too busy lusting over their fellow soldiers to do anything else?

Furthermore, why hasn't Obama repealed this stupid rule?

Is anyone else bothered by this? Thoughts?

1 comments:

William said...

The Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy upsets me as well. I think it's there out of homophobia. Some of the soldiers are just nervous changing or showering in front of gay guys. Of course, I don't know if the military even has communal showers, but whatever. I know it can't be because of all the conservative Christians in the military. After all, they'd just try to convince them not to be gay. Maybe the brass is worried about anti-gay violence?

Wow. This sounds familiar, doesn't it?